Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and garlic; sauté for 30 seconds, stirring. Add squashes and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat for 3 minutes. Add wine and let bubble for 3 minutes to cook off alcohol. Remove squash to bowl.
In skillet, fry bacon until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
Place 1 slice Chipotle Jack cheese on each of four bread slices. Top each with a few tablespoons of squash, 2 bacon slices (or smoked pork loin), and another slice of Chipotle Jack. Top each with another bread slice. Heat skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Butter top of each sandwich, turn over and place, butter-side down, in pan. Spread top piece of bread with butter. Grill, turning once, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Sandwiches can also be grilled on panini press or on a gas or charcoal grill.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/8” thick
- 1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/8” thick
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 8 slices bacon or smoked pork loin
- 8 slices Wisconsin Chipotle Jack cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature