In small bowl, mix cranberry sauce and Dijon mustard. Set aside. (Or use purchased cranberry-mustard.)
Mix butter with sage until smooth.
Heat large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Spread one side of each bread slice with sage-butter. Place 4 slices butter-side down in pan and spread each with 1 tablespoon cranberry-mustard. Top with 2 slices Gouda, 2 ounces turkey, and 2 ounces spinach. Top with 2 more slices Gouda and bread slice, butter-side up. Grill, turning sandwiches once until bread is golden and cheese is melted. Serve remaining cranberry-mustard on the side.
- 3 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6-8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 4-5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 8 slices honey wheat bread
- 16 slices Wisconsin Gouda cheese
- 8 ounces turkey breast, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves