Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Set aside. Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in small skillet. Add corn, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Place in small bowl; add Cream Cheese, mayonnaise, black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, onion, lemon juice, and zest. Mix with electric mixer or by hand until well blended and fairly smooth. Divide mixture among 4 of the bread slices and spread it on unbuttered sides. Set aside.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium; add kielbasa slices and cook 30-45 seconds per side until heated through. Add remaining olive oil to skillet and heat. Add shrimp and season with remaining garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt. Cook shrimp 3-4 minutes, turning once, until done. Remove from skillet.
Heat large skillet or grill. Place the 4 bread slices without Cream Cheese spread, buttered- side down in skillet (you may have to do this in batches); top each with alpine-style cheese slice and 1/4 of the shrimp and kielbasa slices. Top sandwiches on grill with slices, spread with Cream Cheese mixture, buttered-side up. Grill until sandwich bottom is golden brown; turn and grill the other side until browned and cheese is melted.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices potato white bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 4-ounce package Cream Cheese, chunked and softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 1/8 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 lemon, zested and then juiced
- 1/2 pound kielbasa or other garlicky smoked sausage, thinly sliced (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 thick slices Wisconsin Alpine-style cheese