Spread butter evenly over 1 side of each bread slice. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over buttered slices. Press pecans into butter with flat area of butter knife blade. Coat bottom of medium, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté jalapeño in preheated skillet 2-3 minutes, until softened and slightly browned. Add peaches to skillet and sauté 1-2 minutes more. Pour maple syrup over peaches and jalapeño, reduce heat to medium and simmer 1-2 minutes to combine flavors. Remove from heat.
Preheat nonstick waffle maker.* Meanwhile, assemble sandwiches. Layer each of 2 bread slices (butter-pecan side down) with 1/4 cup of Smoked Gouda, 2 chicken tenders (or chopped equivalent), equal amounts of maple-peach-pepper mixture, and 1/2 cup Pepper Jack. Top with remaining 2 bread slices (butter-pecan side up). Place sandwiches, one at a time, in waffle maker and lightly press lid to close as much as possible. Cook 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and cheeses melt.
*If waffle maker is not available, The Hotlanta can be grilled in nonstick skillet.
- 3-4 tablespoons (about 1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons pecans, finely chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe peach, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 precooked, deli-style fried chicken tenders (coarsely chopped, if desired)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Pepper Jack cheese, shredded