Mix arugula and spinach in small bowl; set aside. Trim crust from 3 sides of the bread slices, leaving curved top crust attached. Butter bread slices on both sides. Heavily coat skillet, preferably cast iron, with cooking spray and then heat.
Place 2 slices of bread, buttered-side down, in skillet (there should be slight sizzle) and place 5-6 blackberries in center area of each bread slice. Top berries with a slice of Provolone. Add another handful of berries and top with Gouda for the second layer. Place 3 strips of bacon on each sandwich and place bread slice on top, buttered-side up. Using a spatula, press firmly to meld and compact sandwich; grill 2-3 minutes until bottom is browned. Flip and grill another 2 minutes or until cheese is melting.
Remove sandwiches to plate. Carefully pull back top slice and spread arugula and spinach mixture over. Replace top, pressing down, and then flip sandwich so greens are on the bottom.
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 4 slices traditional white bread
- 4-6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Cooking spray to coat skillet
- 20-24 fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 slices Wisconsin Provolone cheese, cut to fit bread
- 2 slices Wisconsin Gouda cheese, cut to fit bread
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and drained