Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay prosciutto on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 10-15 minutes, just until crispy. Take care not to burn; it will continue to crisp after you take it out.
When ready to assemble sandwiches, butter 1 side of each slice of bread. Heat griddle pan over medium heat and place bread slices, buttered-side-down, on griddle. Divide cheese evenly over slices and grill, adjusting heat if necessary so buttered sides brown and cheese melts. Then, divide prosciutto evenly over 4 bread slices.
Top remaining 4 bread slices with melon slices and handful of arugula. Drizzle each bread slice with a teaspoon or so of honey over the arugula and melon. Sandwich the arugula and prosciutto sides of bread together. Cut in half to serve.
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3-4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 8 slices rustic Italian-style bread
- 1 1/4 cups Wisconsin Fontina cheese, grated (about 10 ounces)
- Thin sweet melon slices
- Honey (local if possible)