Heat oven to 400°F.
For spread: Place habanero, parmesan, pecans and parsley in bowl of food processor. Process until slightly chunky. Drizzle in olive oil and process until mixture has consistency of thick spread. Set aside.
Prepare apples: Pour canola oil into Dutch oven or deep pot; heat to 375°F. Meanwhile, make a batter. Place 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Whisk in cream ale vigorously. Place flour for dredging in shallow bowl. Dip apple slices into flour, 1 by 1, then into beer batter. Shake off any excess and add to hot oil in batches. Deep-fry 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Carefully remove slices and drain on paper towels.
For sandwiches: Heat skillet. Butter insides of rolls and place in hot skillet, buttered-side-down. Heat until crispy. Spread habanero spread over the 2 roll bottoms. Top with pepper jack and American cheeses and beer-battered apple slices. Bake until warmed through and cheeses are melted. Place roll tops over to form sandwiches.
For Habanero Spread:
- 1 habanero chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 5 ounces pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
For Beer-Battered Apple Slices:
- 2 cups or more canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, plus additional for dredging
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cream ale beer
- 1 apple, cored and sliced