Butter 1 side of bread slices. Arrange slices buttered-side-down. Spread each slice with Mascarpone, dividing evenly. Over 2 slices, sprinkle basil, vinaigrette (drops from spoon), tomato slices, and 2 slices bacon each. Top with remaining 2 bread slices, buttered-side-up.
Heat nonstick skillet for 2 minutes over medium low. Grill sandwich for about 4 minutes, until golden and crispy. Flip and grill another 4-5 minutes.
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices kalamata olive bread, preferably ciabatta
- 4 tablespoons Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon homemade or store-bought balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 slices yellow tomato to cover bread, preferably heirloom
- 4 slices premium bacon, fried crisp and drained