In small bowl, mix together butter and Parmesan. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage and sauté, breaking up large chunks with wooden spoon, until lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from skillet; set aside in large bowl.
Add oil to skillet and heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add broccoli rabe and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to brown, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from skillet. Stir into cooked sausage along with lemon zest. Wipe skillet with paper towel. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter/Parmesan mixture. Place 4 slices, buttered-side-down, in skillet over medium heat. Top each with 2 slices Provolone, one quarter of sausage- broccoli rabe mixture and 6 sun-dried tomato halves. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Top each with 2 more slices Provolone and bread slice, buttered-side-up. Grill, turning once, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (about 1 ounce) grated Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 Italian-style chicken sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch (about 12 ounces) broccoli rabe, stems trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 slices hearty rustic bread
- 16 slices Wisconsin Provolone cheese
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted