Place chocolate chips and whipping cream in microwave-safe bowl. Set aside. Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Spread mascarpone cheese on unbuttered side of 4 bread slices. Spread remaining 4 bread slices with strawberry-rhubarb preserves. Place sliced strawberries over mascarpone cheese covering surface. Close sandwiches, pressing cheese and preserve slices together, buttered-side-up. Heat griddle or large skillet over medium-low. Grill sandwiches until golden brown, flipping sandwiches as needed. Meanwhile, microwave the chocolate chips and cream 1 minute. Stir until combined. Serve alongside sandwich for dipping.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Hawaiian bread
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/3 cup strawberry-rhubarb preserves
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced