Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bacon slices on baking sheet and top with green beans. Bake 8 minutes; flip bacon on top of the green beans and continue baking another 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven. In small sauté pan, toast almond slices over medium heat 2 minutes. Butter 1 side of all 4 slices of bread. Place 2 slices bread, buttered-side-down, in 12-inch nonstick sauté pan; bring pan to medium heat. Top each slice with half the Gorgonzola Cheese, half the green beans, half the toasted almonds and 2 slices of bacon. Top with remaining 2 slices of bread, buttered-side-up. Grill until bread is toasted to your liking and cheese begins to melt. Gently flip sandwich over with spatula and finish toasting. Serve warm.
- 4 slices thick bacon
- 4 ounces (1/4 pound) fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 4 slices dense-textured toasting bread
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) butter
- 3/4 cup (5 ounces) crumbled Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese