Heat oven to 400°F. On rimmed baking sheet, toss potato slices and broccoli florets with olive oil and pepper to taste. Roast 20-25 minutes, tossing once during baking.
Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp; set aside. Mix sour cream, scallions and chives in small bowl; set aside.
Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter. Place 1 cheddar and 1 gouda slice on unbuttered side of each bread slice. Divide roasted potatoes and broccoli over 2 bread slices. Spread a dollop of sour cream mixture over vegetables. Top with 2 bacon slices each. Place remaining 2 bread slices over, buttered-side up, to make sandwiches. Heat skillet over medium; place sandwiches in skillet and grill, flipping once. until bread is golden and cheese is melted. Halve sandwiches and serve immediately.
- 1 large russet potato, thinly sliced
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices thick-cut smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 slices potato bread
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 4 slices Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Wisconsin Gouda cheese