Place mango cubes in small bowl and mix with sugar. Refrigerate. Cut bread into 2 7-inch pieces and split.
Melt butter over medium heat in large nonstick skillet. Place bread in skillet, flipping so both sides are coated in butter. Grill approximately 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Heat mojo pork. Season with black pepper. Place one-fourth of the parmesan cheese on inside of each bread bottom to melt. Top each with half the mojo pork; add second layer of Wisconsin parmesan.
Remove mango cubes from refrigerator and mix with chili powder. Spoon mango cubes onto sandwich then top with parsley and the top halves of bread.
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 slices Puerto Rican bread (14-inch baguette)
- 6-8 tablespoons clarified butter, at room temperature
- 1 pound mojo (Cuban) pork (your recipe or store bought)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Wisconsin Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- A few sprigs of parsley