For tabbouleh: In medium-size bowl, combine all ingredients; blend well and refrigerate until ready to complete sandwich.
For cutlets: In heavy skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Rub ras el hanout into both sides of veal slices. Place in hot skillet and cook on each side about 2 minutes. Remove to plate and cover.
For sandwich: Blend butter and cumin well in small bowl. Slather 1 side of each bread slice with mixture.
Place 1 bread slice in heavy skillet over medium heat, butter-side-down. Top with fontina slices. Cover skillet with lid to start the cheese melting while bottom of bread gets golden brown.
Place this slice in pie pan and put under hot broiler to complete melting cheese, if necessary. When melted, remove from heat (but keep broiler hot) and spread about 1/4 cup of tabbouleh over fontina.
Place veal slices over tabbouleh and top with cheddar cheese slices. Place under broiler (not too close) until cheddar melts, about 60-90 seconds.
Remove and press cherries into melted cheese. Spread with another layer of tabbouleh over. Top with remaining bread slice, buttered-side-up, and place in skillet over medium-high heat, turning so butter side is down. Grill about 60-90 seconds or until golden brown. Remove and place in pie pan.
Sprinkle crumbled feta over and place under the broiler about 60-75 seconds. The feta will soften then spread with a butter knife. Serve.
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 3 dried Turkish apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout
- 2 thin slices (about 1/4 pound total) veal scaloppini cutlets
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 thick slices (about 1-to 1 1/2-inch) deli nut bread, such as sunflower seed bread
- 1 1/2 ounces Wisconsin Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces Wisconsin white Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 10 frozen pitted sweet cherries, halved and patted dry with paper towels
- 3 tablespoons Wisconsin Feta cheese, crumbled