Prepare meatloaf: Place turkey, salt, pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, sage, oregano, basil, egg and 1/4 cup marinara in bowl. Gently fold with your hands to combine. Add breadcrumbs; fold once more. Set aside.
Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper and squash. Cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add to turkey; mix to combine.
Heat oven to 350°F. Place turkey mixture in 9’’ x 5’’ loaf pan; bake 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes to cool. Slice and set aside.
Meanwhile, prepare garlic bread sauce: in a bowl, mix butter, mayonnaise, remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, parmesan cheese and parsley. Reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce; set aside. Spread remaining mixture on 1 side of each bread slice.
Place 1 bread slice garlic sauce-side-down on flat surface. Top slice with spinach leaves, 1 slice mozzarella cheese and 1 slice cheddar cheese. Top with 2 slices meatloaf, remaining 1/4 cup marinara sauce and remaining 2 cheese slices. Close sandwich with remaining bread slice, garlic-side-up.
Heat skillet over low heat. Place sandwich in skillet. Cook until golden brown. Flip and cook until sandwich is hot through and cheese is melted.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow squash, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Wisconsin Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 slices French bread
- 2 slices Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices Wisconsin Cheddar cheese