For Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote: Stir strawberries, 1/8 cup sugar, 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 tablespoon water in small nonreactive pan; bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until strawberries soften, about 3 minutes. Transfer mixture to bowl; set aside.
Place rhubarb and remaining sugar, lemon juice and water in same pan; simmer for about 6 minutes, until rhubarb is tender and soft. Add rhubarb pieces to strawberries. Strain strawberry-rhubarb mixture. Return cooking liquids into pan. Raise heat to medium high and simmer until liquid thickens and reduces by almost half. Add strawberries and rhubarb to liquid; cool.
For Sandwich: Mix honey and mustard in small bowl; set aside. Rub chicken pieces with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in grill or sauté pan; add chicken pieces and grill about 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once. Remove from pan. Spread pitas on 1 side with butter. Spread each pita on reverse side with honey-Dijon mustard and top with mozzarella slices.
In small bowl, toss kale, lemon juice, salt and pepper; place over mozzarella slices. Top 1 pita with both grilled chicken pieces. Drizzle some of prepared strawberry-rhubarb compote over chicken. Layer strawberry and apple slices over; top with cheddar cheese slices. Place remaining pita bread, butter-side-up, on top to form sandwich. Place in preheated grill pan, smashing sandwich together with heavy spatula; grill on both sides until cheese is melted and pita is crispy. Halve sandwich. Serve with additional compote and honey-Dijon mustard for dipping.
Compote can be made ahead of time and stored refrigerated in airtight container.
For Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote:
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1 stalk rhubarb, cut in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 chicken breast, halved lengthwise and pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for rubbing chicken
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 whole-wheat pitas
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices (about 4 ounces) Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup green apple, sliced
- 4 slices (about 4 ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar cheese