Place cherries, coffee, and whisky in small saucepan. Bring to simmer over low heat. Simmer 1 minute; cool to room temperature. Drain cherries well and pat dry. Set aside.
Place pecans in large nonstick skillet. Toast over medium heat, stirring frequently for 3 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted. Set aside.
Place bacon in large nonstick skillet, fry over medium-low heat, turning frequently, until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, placing on paper towels. Discard bacon grease. In small bowl, combine honey and cinnamon. Brush evenly over both sides of each bacon slice. Sprinkle with black pepper. Return to skillet and cook, turning frequently, over medium-low to low heat 2-3 minutes or until bacon is glossy and caramelized. Remove from skillet; cool on plate, lifting and moving occasionally to prevent sticking.
In unused, large nonstick skillet melt 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat. Add apple slices and cook 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Remove to plate. Add plum slices to skillet. Sprinkle with rosemary. Cook, turning occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until just softened. Remove to plate.
Preheat oven broiler. Brush 1 side of bread slices with 1 teaspoon butter each. Place bread slices butter-side-down in unsused, large nonstick skillet. Grill over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until bread is golden brown on buttered sides. Transfer bread slices to large baking sheet, toasted-sides-down. Place an even layer each of cheese curds and cherries over 2 bread slices. Layer apples and plums evenly over remaining 2 bread slices. Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and fruit is bubbling and hot. Sprinkle pecans over cheese and cherries, pressing lightly to adhere. Layer equal amounts of bacon over apple and plum sides of bread slices. Top with cheese layered slices, cheese-side-down. Cut sandwichs in half, if desired.
- 1/4 cup pitted dried sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons cherry pie-flavored whisky or cherry liqueur
- 6 tablespoons pecans, coarsely chopped
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 6 teaspoons salted butter, softened and divided
- 1 medium Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, or Gala apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red-skinned plum, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices whole grain oatmeal bread
- 5 ounces Wisconsin Cheese Curds