For corn: Remove husks from corn, rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Brush each ear with olive oil. Place corn on grill or grill pan preheated to medium heat, rotating to cook each side and until charred spots develop. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Cut kernels from each cob.
For cream cheese spread: Beat cream cheese, honey, salt and pepper with electric mixer until fully combined. Remove to bowl and add chopped sun-dried tomatoes to mixture. Stack basil leaves and roll into tight cylinder. With kitchen shears, slice 1/8-inch wide ribbons into the cream cheese mixture. With rubber spatula, stir the mixture until combined.
For sandwiches: Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly and spread on unbuttered side of each slice. On 4 bread slices, layer over 1/4 of the ham followed by 1/4 of the sliced mozzarella. Top with 1/4 of corn kernels and place each of 4 remaining bread slices over the corn, cream-cheese-side-down.
Preheat griddle pan or skillet and brown sandwiches over medium-low heat until each side is golden brown and cheese is melted. Rest sandwiches 1 minute before cutting in half to serve.
- 2 medium-large ears fresh corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For cream cheese spread:
- 8 ounces Wisconsin Cream Cheese
- 5 tablespoons clover honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 to 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 tablespoons jarred sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, dried with paper towels and chopped
- 10 medium-large fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 3/4-inch thick sourdough bread slices
- 10 ounces ham, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced