Heat oven to 425°F.
In small bowl, mix salt, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
Place pumpkin slices in large bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Sprinkle spice mixture over pumpkin; toss to coat. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper; bake 10-15 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven and set aside.
Heat remaining olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to skillet, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain fat and set aside.
In small bowl, stir mascarpone cheese with cinnamon, black pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
Split each croissant lengthwise. Butter outside top and bottom of each croissant. Spread mascarpone mixture over inside of top and bottom of each croissant. Place bottom of croissants, cheese-side up, on flat surface. Layer with pumpkin slices; sausage, gorgonzola cheese; candied walnuts and arugula, Place croissant tops over, cheese-side down, to close sandwich.
Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches in skillet; grill 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned. Carefully flip each sandwich; grill additional 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- 1/4 of medium pumpkin (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 ounces Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large croissants
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (about 3 ounces) Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup candied walnuts, broken into pieces
- 2 small handfuls arugula