For Quick-pickled jalapeños: In small skillet, heat vinegar, sugar and salt over medium heat. Stir mixture until sugar and salt are fully dissolved. Transfer pickling liquid to small bowl and add sliced jalapeños. Make sure the peppers are almost fully submerged. Let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
For elote: While the peppers are pickling, make elote (corn and cheese filling). Fill small saucepan with water and bring to boil. Add corn and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer cooked corn to a medium bowl. Add cream cheese, chipotle jack, aged cheddar, ground cumin, green onions and lime zest to cooked corn. Mix until combined and set aside.
For tomato and avocado salsa: Mix tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
For sandwich assembly: Spread one slice of bread with 1/4 of the elote. Top with 3-5 slices of the quick-pickled jalapeño peppers, one slice of cheddar and finish with another slice of bread. Spread softened butter on top of bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients, making 4 sandwiches in total.
Heat large skillet over medium heat. Transfer sandwiches to pan, placing them so they are butter-side down. Spread softened butter on top of sandwiches. Cook until sandwiches are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, flip sandwich and repeat.
Remove sandwiches from pan. Lift top of each sandwich and add a couple spoonfuls of the tomato and avocado salsa and replace the top. Gently press down and enjoy!
For Quick-pickled Jalapeños:
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
For Tomato and Avocado Salsa:
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 3 ounces of Wisconsin Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin Chipotle Jack cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
For Sandwich Assembly:
- 8 slices French bread
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened