In small saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, water and sugar for pickling mixture. Bring to boil; stir just until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Place carrots, radishes and scallions in small bowl. Pour pickling liquid over vegetables and let stand 30 minutes.
Split baguettes into halves and brush insides and outsides with canola/sesame oil mixture.
Heat grill pan over medium heat. Place baguette halves, split-side-down in pan and cook 1 minute, until toasted. Flip halves; place 2 cheese slices on each bottom half. Cook another minute until outside of baguettes are toasted and cheese melts. Remove from heat.
Drain vegetables from pickling liquid.
Assemble sandwiches: On bottom of each baguette half, place 2 slices roast pork, half mayonnaise mixture, half the pickled vegetables, half the cucumber slices and half the cilantro sprigs. Finish with baguette top.
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded or cut in matchsticks
- 1/4 cup radishes, julienned
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 2 sandwich-size baguettes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil mixed with 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 1-ounce slices Wisconsin Fontina cheese
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices roast pork loin
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise mixed with 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/4 cup cucumbers, sliced
- Few sprigs fresh cilantro, including stems