Spread 1 tablespoon mustard evenly over each cut side of baguette. On each bottom piece, place 2 slices Swiss, some pickle slices, and 1/4 pound of sliced ham. Top with additional pickle slices and 2 additional slices of Swiss. Place bread top on and spread 1 tablespoon butter over sandwich top. If using a panini press, heat on medium-high and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Place sandwich on heating element as butter melts; lower top of panini press and press the sandwich together. Cook to golden brown and until cheese melts.
If you are not using a panini press, heat skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and add sandwich when butter melts. Grill for 2 minutes, then carefully turn over and press down with a spatula and grill another 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining 3 sandwiches.
- 8 tablespoons yellow deli-style mustard
- 1 16" baguette, cut into 4 even pieces and sliced in half lengthwise
- 16 slices Wisconsin Swiss cheese
- 4 kosher dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 1 pound top-quality smoked ham, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature