Cut two 1/4-inch center slices from bagel. The slices should be flat on both sides. Set aside.
Mix cream cheese and avocado until smooth. Stir in lime juice, sea salt, pepper and jalapeño. Add additional jalapeño, if necessary, to reach desired spice. Spread mixture on 1 bagel slice.
Sprinkle scallions over cream cheese-avocado spread. Layer mango slices, bacon slices and sprouts over. Top with shredded pepper jack. Cover with other bagel slice to form sandwich. Spread sandwich top with 1/2 tablespoon softened butter.
Heat small skillet. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to skillet and melt. Place sandwich in skillet, buttered-side up.
Cook over medium-low 1-2 minutes, covered, or until bagel bottom is golden brown. Carefully flip sandwich. Cover and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is golden brown. Remove from skillet and let sit 1 minute before halving sandwich. Serve immediately.
- 1 plain bagel
- 1 1/2 ounces Wisconsin Cream Cheese
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and mashed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 scallion, trimmed, white and green parts thinly sliced (yielding about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup mango slices (1/8-inch thick)
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) Wisconsin Pepper Jack cheese, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, divided