Mix chili powder and garlic powder into butter and spread on 1 side of 2 slices of bread, place buttered-side-down in large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 slices cheddar on each. Divide hot mac and cheese evenly over each piece and top with another slice of bread. Butter tops and turn the sandwiches over. Top each sandwich with 2 pieces of bacon and 2 slices of pepper jack cheese.
Place hot brisket on top of one of the sandwiches; use slotted spoon to avoid excess liquid. Top with avocado and jalapeño. Carefully place the other sandwich cheese-side-down on top. Both sides should be golden brown. Cut in half and serve.
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices hearty sourdough bread
- 4 slices Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups purchased or homemade macaroni and cheese, heated
- 4 slices fully cooked bacon, heated until crisp
- 4 slices Wisconsin Pepper Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared chopped smoked beef brisket, heated
- 2 tablespoons honey smoked barbeque sauce (omit if brisket has sauce)
- 4 slices avocado
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeño chiles, finely chopped