Heat flattop grill. Butter both sides of bread slices. Place 2 slices pepper jack cheese on each bread slice. Sprinkle crumbled gorgonzola over 1 slice. Place on grill; cover and grill until cheeses melt.
Reheat bacon on hot grill until it sizzles. Season with black pepper, garlic salt and cumin. Place bacon pieces on bread with gorgonzola; top the bacon with apple slices. Place kale on remaining bread slice and gently press into melted pepper jack. Flip kale slice over bacon-topped slice. Grill, covered, a few moments. Remove from grill; let rest briefly. Halve sandwich on the diagonal.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 thick-cut slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices (3/4-ounce each) Wisconsin Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash of cumin
- 1/2 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 cup kale, chopped