Spread crumbs in pie plate or shallow dish. Butter 1 side of each bread slice, reserving 1 tablespoon butter. Spread 2 tablespoons of Mascarpone Cheese on each of the unbuttered sides of 2 bread slices. Top each with half the banana slices. Spread 2 tablespoons dulce de leche on each of the unbuttered sides of the remaining 2 bread slices. Place on other halves, buttered-side-up. Place sandwiches in crumbs and press lightly so crumbs adhere. Turn sandwiches over and coat both sides with crumbs. Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat. Melt reserved 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Place sandwiches in skillet and grill until bottom slices and crumbs are golden brown and toasted. Flip sandwiches and continue grilling until remaining bread slices and crumbs are golden brown and toasted and cheese is melted. Transfer sandwiches to serving plates and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
- 1/3 cup digestive biscuits or graham crackers, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons (2 1/2 ounces) butter, softened and divided
- 4 slices challah bread
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin Mascarpone cheese
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup homemade or purchased dulce de leche
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings